SECTION SIX of the ULTIMATE SEO FREELANCER GUIDE - THE REALITY!
Test the water before fully jumping into the full-time SEO freelancing life
Unless you are already without employment or you are being made redundant and the though of working for someone else fills you with dread, ease yourself gently into the world of SEO freelancing by taking on a couple of freelancing clients on the side above your 9-5 job.
Sure, you will have to work in the evenings and even give up some of your weekends, but it will achieve five different things…
1. It will give you a good idea if the freelancing life is really for you.
2. It will help you to build up your six-month financial safety net.
3. It will allow you feel more relaxed about going freelance with already having paying clients.
4. It will allow you to see all the challenges that come with freelancing, so you have a much better understanding when you do make the move full-time.
5. It will allow you to understand your personal SEO skillset better as you will not have the backing of your team.
So, test the water first to make sure it is not too hot for you before you jump into the deep end!
Hungry for more?
Re-visit a previous section:
Section 1: SEO freelancing stories
Section 4: Be realistic about your own SEO skillset
Section 5: Understanding who your clients are